Friday 21 March 2014

Friday Favorites - Perfumes


Today I thought I would share my favorite perfumes from ones I wear everyday to what I save for a special occasion.

The first three are my everyday, they are all fruity or floral and not to overpowering. I fell in love with Lady Gaga Fame when it first came out, so I instantly asked for a bottle for Christmas. I have two more bottles ready to go when this is finished. not that I'm expecting for there to be a sudden shortage, It was just one of those things, I was almost out of my first bottle, I asked a friend to buy me another one as a gift and I found the other on offer and could not leave it there. A fusion of dripping honey, saffron and apricot nectar with a floral layer of crushed tiger orchid & jasmine, The perfume is sweet and floral without being sickly, plus it's a black liquid that dries clear, perhaps a touch of mystery that is reminiscent of Gaga herself.

The Katy Perry Killer Queen was a love hate when I first smelled it, though it may have more to do with the fact my nose was filled with trying out ten other perfumes before I got to it on its stand. I actually walked away disinterested with it and it was only when I went back into the perfume shop and tried it first that it hit a note with me. The initial smell of fruits such as dark plum, wild berry and bergamot and changing into the floral combination of velvet flower, rainbow plumeria and natural jasmine are a play full and delightful mixture.

Onto Britney Spears Midnight Fantasy which is not as rich or quite as intoxicating as killer Queen or Fame, but it is a little more fresh. The downside is that it does not last as long as the others either, however it is cheaper and generally on offer so the downside is outweighed by the ease of getting it. The overall fruity smells of black cherries, framboise, exotic plum and undertones of orchid, freesia flirts and velvet iris makes it a crisp and lusty scent.

The next grouping are my more woody smelling perfumes. I first had Armani Mania bought for me when I was 18 from my aunt and it has become my absolute favorite perfume of all time. It is expensive so I only use it for special occasions, the above bottle is 18 months old and I hope to make it last to Christmas because then I can ask for it a present. Why do I love it so much? for me its just a perfect blend that makes it both sensual and sophisticated. A fresh burst of Moroccan laurel  mingled with florals and sensual cedar, sandalwood, amber and musk for a fragrance that is unsurpassed.





Lastly the cheapest option on my table is from Next and is simply called Gold. Golden flower nectar's, sweet vanilla and molten amber gives it a slightly musky aura that is perfect for a little more of a spicy smell to change it up from the sweet, floral and fruity choices that I normally make.

This is only half of my perfume collection and if asked if I have to many I will always maintain that variety is the spice of life.


No comments:

Post a Comment