Thursday 11 July 2013

Thursdays Choice - Musicals


With a break from tradition from my usual Thursdays choice segment which normally resolved around make up, clothing or household. I thought I could take some time to instead tell you more about what I will be doing today.

Today I will be going to Cardiff to see The Rocky Horror Picture Show. As an avid lover of the movie its one of the musical I have always wanted to venture to see. I have a very limited experience of musicals (apart from DVDs) I have seen Wicked on the west end, that I can tell you blew me away and my husband who hated them actually is willing to go back for more. I have also seen Blood Brothers in Swansea and The Witches of Eastwick in Newport. Apart from Pantos this is the limit of my experience.

However I am excited and so happy to be going. Its all for a friends birthday and we are going to don the corsets, short skirts and teetering heels with a face full of more make up than we would normally wear in a month. It will be an experience. Our very own Rhydian will be Rocly, and that is something that needs to be seen to be believed.

On that note I thought I should choose some musicals that I would love to see live. Rock of Ages is a definite must for me, I love the 80s I love the songs, it's my kind of thing. We will Rock you is along similar lines to the reasons why I must see it, I love queen. Les Mis is something I think everyone should see at least one, same as Phantom of the Opera. I need to see these withing the next 15 years of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment