Friday 29 March 2013

Easter 2014

Easter is upon us already, just like christmas it comes once a year and it seems to come faster every time. Long gone is the excitement of having 12 eggs all to yourself (a stupid amount that you never ate but reveled in the counting). I was never really fussed on the actual egg, more the chocolate bar/mug/packet of sweets that came inside the egg or just in the box.

As an only child I ended up with far more than I could ever eat alone and my parents ended up helping me eat half of the eggs. As an adult I now get 2 each year, once from my parents and once from the in-laws. Getting an egg brings back a great feel of childhood and excitement until my all to adult brain takes over and after only 10 seconds I'm 27 again and already bored of the whole thing. What am I looking forward to? having 4 consecutive days of work, spending 2 days with my husband and just chilling out, I may go wild and have a games night but adult me is just more for sitting on my bum.

For those of you with children or who don't like staying in, or need ideas of things to do
here are a few things for you:

  • have a easter egg hunt - easy to do and fun for 10 minutes, can do it in house if the weather is bad.
  • go out - go to the cinema, bowling, have a picnic if its nice - enjoy the family time
  • make something - some cupcakes or a cake and have fun decorating them, if you have not got time or just want to do something simple make some rice crispy cakes
  • make paper baskets and flowers to give to family
  • have a games night - monopoly, cludo, scrabble, uno - whatever you like
  • make a t-shirt/trousers - all you need is a few slightly worn tops/jeans and a few dying pieces of clothing to cut up, glitter, some odd bits and bobs and some fabric glue, make a game with the kids then put on a fashion show
  • story/poem time - give the lids some words and get them to make a easter story/poem about it that they have to put pictures too - should kill half an hour
  • if the weather is nice, arrange for a group of friends to get together and do a scavenger hunt, using local landmarks as clues to move the groups on, prize could be a pint at the end of the game!
These are not the best ideas, but they may inspire you to do something better, Have a great easter and don't eat too much chocolate!

No comments:

Post a Comment