Sunday 5 May 2013

Benefit They're Real Mascara Review




Benefit They're Real Mascara in Black RRP £19.50

Months of hype, uncountable reviews and some rather daring claims, I finally got my hands on this mascara, thanks to benefit who kindly put one in my goody bag at the CDFmeet. Needless to say with claims like 94% of people saw length and volume, 90%  saw base to tip curl, 90% visible lift and 100% long lasting wear, it's something you want to try for yourself. I love the look of the product, it's slightly old fashioned as with all benefits products, but it is so in the right way, a good mix of modern and retro.

The wand has to be the thickest one Ive seen, its rubber and has some give but not too much. The formula is pretty wet, but I found that it dried very quickly. Using the wand was easy, and considering its size I didn't find it messy or get any on my skin. Getting to the point, I loved it, It added Volume and Lift and for me the most dramatic effect was how it actually brought out my lower lashes. I can't really comment on the length and curl as my eyelashes are naturally long and have curl. but the volume it gave me and the separation on the lashes was amazing. I was also naughty and didn't wash it off at night and the next day 95% of the product is still there, very little transfer.

When you consider it not waterproof, this thing stay on like crazy. After a night of dancing no smudge or running, even after sleeping in it the worst was a tiny bit of panda eye, but very little transfer on my pillow maybe one mark (and my pillow is white). I had quite an issue removing it, I had to use bioderma (also from the goody-bag) on a cotton pad and massaging into the eye, normal make up remover just made me scrub my eyes until they were raw and red.

As far as I am concerned this product is a hit. I will, without question repurchase this mascara, at £19.50 it is well worth the price and they are well within their bragging rights to continue to hype this product. It will
become a staple in my make up box.

No comments:

Post a Comment