Wednesday 12 December 2012

BarryM Nail Paint Review


Please excuse the bad paint jobs as I have never been very good with my nails. I picked these little beauts up on a whim, they were 3 for the price of two, so I bought 2 for me and 1 as a present.
Picture
It was the red one I was after but I decided to give the gold a go as well. They are £2.99 each and have an excelent choice of colors to choose from.

This was the first time to my memory that I had ever bought any BarryM Nail Varnish and especially as the price is quite on the cheap side I was sceptical, I was wrong.
It took two coats of each colour to achieve good coverage and its stated on the pack that you should apply over a base coat. I applied the coats very thick to see about the drying time and I was pleasantly surprised with the speed, They dried to the touch after only a few minutes and even after the first coat the color was almost true to the bottle, however the second coat added a little more color and sparkle to the nail.

Picture The red I was cautious with and after applying and drying I didn't really do anything for almost a day to let them dry, I did knock one nail not long after finishing them and it dented the polish, I added a drop and was very careful. The next day I washed up, cleaned my flat made dinner have knocked and tested them and apart from a little wear on the tips from picking things up, there are no chips or dents. (all this without even covering in a top coat of clear varnish)

The feeling of the red is very strange almost like a very fine sandpaper or when you rub grains on sand in your hand on a beach, its not unpleasant but unusual.

For the price you pay and the wear you get I would highly recommend these BarryM nail paints, for their hard wearing, great color and coverage along with fantastic value for money. If you are not into glitter they do plenty of matt/plain colors without glitter. I will be wearing this vanish in work on the weekend for Christmas dress up and I wont be worrying that they will end up looking scruffy. I'm very pleased with my whim!

No comments:

Post a Comment