Friday 21 December 2012

Story of a Self Confessed Tech-illiterate


Picture I love to pretend I'm great with Technology and new Social Networking sites, when the truth is that I am crap at it all.

I have had a smart phone for almost a year and only in the last two weeks have I found out how to do a screenshot on it! I take ages doing the most simple things such as uploading on instagram and I can not cope with all the wifi products that connect to anything and everything when I have only just got the wifi figured out on my phone! Im supposed to be able to link all different sites and updates to the people on my phone where I can view their activites just by looking at the person, but be damned if I know how the hell to do it.

By the time I catch up on the technology I own, I'm about 3 generations behind on what the new thing is. To anyone out there like me, who tries and tries and still finds most things confusing, then just fake it. When people start talking to you about wifi capabilities of your toliet (which will happen before long- Mark my words - or don't) Just nod and say 'ahh, now that's interesting, but it will be obsolete as soon as its released, as a newer version will be just round the bend!'

Tell you what pisses me off, are the instructions now. I bought a laptop that had no instructions with it, and my phone came with a booklet the combined size of a sheet of toilet paper (god I seem to be obsessed with toilet analogies in this post!) with a 'Quick Start' guide. They seem to expect that everyone can understand how to use these items without being shown, we are just supposed to know! Hence why I prob use my phone and laptop for only 5% of what they are capable off, as I'm not Tech-savvy and never will be!

I have plenty of friends who could pick up a new Samsung or Iphone and be off in a matter of seconds, not me, I'd struggle just to get the names in the phone book. Alas, even though I suck as such things I still try and won't ever give up trying to stay 'In Touch' with the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment