Thursday 13 December 2012

Kate Moss 107 Matte Lipstick



Rimmel Kate Moss matte lipstick, 107. RRP £5.49

I first tried this on my friends birthday, a very talked about product in the beauty world, but I shied away from it. I was under the misguided and incorrect delusion that it was Kate Moss there for it was crap! Oh how wrong was I.

I tend to suffer from being overly stuck up sometimes and will refuse to even try a product based on the name, Thankfully since I started blogging I have become less of a snob and more adventurous. 3 months ago I would have never picked up suck a dark color, not even just to test it. Now I find that I'm interested in darker color, esp on my lips. I was also not a fan of matte color, but now I can see just how lovely it can be, My eyes are now open to the wonder of matte.

For starters the packaging is lovely and simple, I like that its not bold or all silver, it keeps with the actual color. It is a pure matte and this just adds to the beauty of it, its a wine/dark red and is perfect for the autumn/winter season. Once applied it has a velvet look about it (just a warning, you will need to clean your lips before applying as otherwise it will clump up any dirt/leftover gloss). it is comfortable to wear and feels rich and moisturising. I find it has pretty good staying power, but does need to be reapplied after drinks or food, but then again, most lipsticks arn't 100% drink proof.

I will be wearing this for all my Christmas events and will keep my eyes and the rest of my make up simple to make the lipstick pop. For the price you pay, I would say this is a fantastic lipstick and good value for money.

No comments:

Post a Comment