Monday 26 November 2012

1) Cold Crisp Evenings - I love it when its dry but really cold and you walk outside. You can see your breath, the evening air hits your face and you get that tingle in you cheeks. Its something I love because it reminds me of being a child and going to see firework displays, Santa in his grotto and visiting relatives.
2) Frost - I love the way it sparkles on everything, Okay I despise having to clean frost off my car and I hate falling on the floor, but it makes the world look pretty and fresh, It makes the world glitter and wink and feel like anything is possible.
3) Snow - I mostly love snow first thing in the morning, when no one has walked in it, the world is a white fuzzy cotton ball and it sounds so quiet and calm, the blanketed white of everything is so bright and powerful that it wipes away any dreary colors of greys and blacks and makes everything uniform. I find I am more relaxed in the snow and I enjoy throwing snowballs at my husband!
4) The Dark - The fact that the evening are darker for longer is lovely, it makes you appreciate the daylight. More than that it means that Christmas is on its way.
5) November - I love this month as its the gear up to Christmas in stores, you start to see Christmas decorations and towns/cities turn on their Christmas light and decorations. There is a real spirit in the air in November and I love seeing the lights twinkle in the cold air.



 6) Wrapping - It may sound strange but I hate the actual wrapping of presents, but I love the final outcome. I love looking at something wrapped and knowing what is in it but that the intended recipient will have a nice surprise. I love to give,
7) Layering - The cold comes and you start to put on layers, I tend to wear legging and knee length socks under my jeans/trousers. I normally wear a vest top, a long sleeve top and a jumper plus my knee length coat. I also wear a scarf, hat and gloves. this comes back to cold evenings as there is nothing better than piling on the layer and leaving your house and staying warm, but also after being out for hours the reverse it true. Coming in from the cold and feeling the warm air hit you and removing your layers.
8) Decorations - as mentioned in #5 - November, I love the decorations in towns and cities, I also love putting up my own. Buying some new ones every year, adding to the original, spending a good evening deciding the best place for things to go. I also love looking at other peoples decorations, seeing what they like and the effort they have made.
9) Candles - I love to burn candles all year round, but in the winter, during the darker nights, candles take on a life of their own. They are much more warming and homely, they invite you in and make you feel warmer just by looking at them. Maybe its just a left over caveman instinct, but I love to light a candle or 3 in the evening to bring that soft glow to my life.
10) Christmas - Yes, I love Christmas, I have not grown up. My husband and I do a stocking for each other. We wake up (well I say wake up, we normally barely sleep no more than 3 hours on xmas eve) open our stockings. Then while we fully wake up, he puts the kettle on and makes a cup of chocolate. we then open all the other presents. I love it all, cooking dinner, feeling stuffed after overeating, watching tv/dvds, staying in all day and just the whole day.
Our Christmas this year will be a little strange as my husband has to work on Christmas Day, so we are going to do the dinner on boxing day. We will still make the most of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment