Saturday 17 November 2012

My home and Decoration






I live with my husband in a Flat, we rent from a housing association and so we are really not allowed to do much to it. because its a brand new build we are not allowed to put up any wallpaper until after the 1 year inspection. This date has now come and gone and still have not had an inspection.

We could have painted the walls but I have gone more for decorating with lots of pictures and leaving the walls their original color and adding color and texture by furniture and items. all through our house our walls are painted 'corsette' its a crown paint that is unavailable in local stores. (when we leave we have to fill any holes/cracks and repaint, I will find a close and cheap match to the crown paint as I refuse to pay £20-£30 a tin because they choose and unusual color) the bathroom is a matt white. so going through the pictures, the top big one is of my dollsized living room, as i said lots of pictures. Ive added color by keeping most of my furniture dark browns and adding splashed of purple into the decor, such as the rug (which was £50 from the range) and purple cushion covers (£3 a pair from B&M Bargains) I also bout the purple petal lights and a vase to put them in (lights were £6 and the Vase was £5, both from B&M).

To break up the monotony of the halls I bought a set of 5 round mirrors of different sizes (Asda £6, they are more expensive now), and a stunning wall sticker of twigs and birds that I love and it my favorite item so far (B&M £4). I buy a lot of flowers to go around the place, Tulips are my usual favorite but i also like the colored carnations from morrisons as they add a great splash of color to my life! My spare bedroom is just a guest room/wardrobe so to try and cover the wardrobe up as the doors have broken I bought a cheap netting and put it over to form a cover (the picture doesn't really do the look justice). I can promise it is actually really nice and works with the dark net i put in the window and the blue of the bedding and curtains. (the curtains were given to me so I cant tell you prices but the netting was cheap about £5 per pair from B&M).

When It came to my bedroom I decided that I wanted it a little more feminine so I have a little scented floral patterned teddy bear that was a bargain and its so cute (from the works £2) a dream catcher in the corner and a butterfly heart that is one of the most expensive buys, but i fell in love with it (£8 from sainsburys, Ive had the dreamcatcher for years and can not remember where I got it from). The figurine is not normally my style but something about it spoke to me and I feel that it adds some romance to the room (£4 B&M) and finally another wall sticker that states 'Always kiss me goodnight' Which I feel that is perfect for me and my husband as he can be so loving! (£7 the range)

My bathroom was bare and blank and it almost felt clinical when you walked into it, I hated it, so over time I have added a few things, I changed the original shower curtain that was blank white into a spotty/glittery clear one. I added the wall sticker behind to bring some color to the room and due to the white it had to be something quite bright. However it does work, it is the brightest thing in the little bathroom and it draws the eyes from the rest of the plainness (£4 B&M). A candle set that spells LOVE, was picked up after valentines day for a steal and its sweet and girly and adds a touch of fun to the room (£2 TESCO). And finally one of my personal treasures is my little set of multi-colored ducks that sit on the edge of the bath. I fell in love with them as they were different and have never looked back, also good to have if any of my friends or family's children spend the night, bath playtime (£6 morrisons).

I have done lots to my home but these are my all time best little bargains and personal preference, Just to show that expensive is not always better!

No comments:

Post a Comment