Monday 19 November 2012

Nail Buffer Reviews







 The First ever Nail buffer I used was the Dead Sea Spa Care one, Please be aware that though i have put a link to the site that I did not buy mine online. I purchased mine in Cardiff one day and it came in a set with cuticle oil and hand cream and cost £25. It last for ages and I personally think that It worked, the picture of the nails are not mine (my nails are in an awful state at the moment due to picking them) the picture is a good depiction of the difference that I noticed in my nails. When I used this buffer it lasted me almost a year, so for the price it was good for the long haul.

Since using the first one I have strived to find decent but cheaper ones that do the same job here is my review of 3 different ones I have used since. none of them lasted as long as the Dead Sea Spa one, but for the difference in price, this is no big matter, also if you are a first time tryer of one of these, I would suggest a cheaper one, and at least that way if you are unhappy with the results you haven't wasted a small fortune.

Ms Manicure is a pretty good brand offering lots of different beauty product from make up brushes to nail clippers. Everything that I have currently bought from this brand has been of pretty good quality for the cheap price that you pay. The nail buffer follows this rule and for only £2.55 I have got a good 5 uses out of the buffer before having to throw it away, since you should only buff the nails every 3-4 weeks safely, this lasts between 4-6 months depending on how often you choose to buff your nails. At only £2.55 I think it is a great buy. 9/10

The Boots 4 way buffer is the cheapest on my list at only £2, but not my favorite, it only lasted 2 really good uses and one okay use before it was binned. for the price I suppose that if you did your nails once a month and bought a new one every two months then it works out a £1 per month but I feel that Ms Manicure is better value for money. however the side for filing lasted another 2 rounds, so all in all not to bad. 7/10

The Final one is Superdrug 6 way buffer, £2.49, this one comes with different edges for filing you nails as well, however out of all 3 this is the worst, after one use it was pretty much useless and only good for filing my nails, but after 2 more times it wasn't even good for that anymore. the buffer for making your nails shine, didn't even last the one go! So by far the least impressive of the 3. 5/10

So my star buy is the Ms Manicure, for the money and quality and the fact that all edges last about the same amount of time, all in all a good buy if your looking for a cheap replacement or if you are a first time user.




3 comments:

  1. Pretty!! I LOVE nail buffers! My personal favorite is Revlon Crazy Shine. It has two sides so I use a rough board and then the Revlon buffer, but it is totally awesome and the shine lasts a week or more before I have to redo it!

    Helen
    Blue Eyed Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I will give that one a try too, I love my nails looking all manicured, however they do not last too long before I end up ruining them one way or another :(
      XX

      Delete
    2. Oh I totally understand! I am the same way about my nails except I never paint them so that's why I really love this brand nail buffer SO much!! It does an amazing job and even with washing dishes, baking, sewing, and doing laundry my nails still look lovely for a whole week!!

      Helen
      Blue Eyed Beauty Blog

      Delete