Tuesday 20 November 2012

The Beauty Bloggers Tag

This tag was started by Sophia of TattooedTeaLady and I picked it up from Laura of What Laura Did.

Why did you start blogging and how long have you been blogging for?
I started my blog only just over a month ago and I started because my friend told me how fun it was and the sense of accomplishment you feel when when you even reach just one other person, and she was right.

Whose blog did you fall in love with first?

I am a novice to most beauty bloggers however my favorite is Rachel Whitehurst for her downright honesty and the fact that she swears with no apologies. I also love my friend What Laura Did (linked above) and have since found a few good ones that I love to check up on Makeup-pixi3 as well as 40 percent fringe and finally VIPXO.

What was the first blogosphere hyped about product you bought and was it worth the hype?
As I haven't really been blogging long I cant say that I have bought anything yet, but I do have my eye on a few things that I have to try, such as the Urban Decay Naked 1 Palette and Revlon Color stay gel liner in another one, especially as I've heard that it exceptionally good at staying on!

What are your favourite five things about blogging and being a beauty blogger?

1. I love the fact that I can loose hours in looking at reviews and reading about others inspirations and beauty tips.
2. I Love being able to put my thoughts down for other to read and whether I have 1 or 100 readers, i love that my words are out there.
3. I love spending time on me either looking at other blogs or writing something for mine.
4. The fantastic sense of community from other bloggers and the welcoming that is sent out, speaks volumes to me.
5. I trust others words of a product than what a company says and to be a part of that no matter how small is beyond amazing.


What have you learnt from being a beauty blogger?

That things are not always what they seem, silly lesson really, but one that is just as good to apply to life. Hyped up things may not be as good as they say and cheap stuff may live up to a product that way beyond excedees expectation. Also the truth is always good, If I say a product did not work for me, it does not mean that the product is crap, it just means that it was not suited to my skin or tastes, everyone is different, and there is no universal product that will suit us all!

Have you changed anything since being a beauty blogger?

YES, I have started to loosen up in my attitude to make up, I was very set in my way and would not change something if I liked it. I now enjoy testing products and hoping to find items that are better and maybe even perfect for me.

What advice would you give to a beauty blogger just starting out?
I do it for fun, not for fame. think of it as a job that you love and you do it because its important to you, If you reach 10 followers or 1,000 followers it does not matter. if you end up making money from what you do then that is a bonus, but it should be done because its what you want to spend time doing and not because you want internet fame!

Name your top five brands!
MAC, MUA, Rimmel, Benefit & Dior.

Recommend your top five favourite beauty products!
1) MUA Mascara - It maybe cheap but it works as well as mascara priced at £6 or over.
2)
Benefit High Beam - I love it because even though I have only started to use highlighter and to start contouring on my face, this is a easy product that add luminocity to my face.
3) Maybelleine watershine diamond lipgloss - now I don't really like the new and improved version, I'm talking about when it first came out 10 years ago and I still have some left. I love the consistency and the staying power, the new recipe just does not live up to the old one.
4) Dior Iconic eyeliner - This just glides on and stays on all night, It is a more expensive choice but for me I have found no eyeliner that matches it.
5) MUA Lipgloss - They are in a great range of colors and glide on the lips, they smell great and even though some of them have glitter in them, it not too much, just a light shimmer effect.


Tag other beauty bloggers to do this tag!
I tag anyone who reads this post to do it. If you do it please leave a comment below with your link as I'd love to read your blog and see what you have to say. xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment