Wednesday 30 January 2013

DIY Sugar Lip Scrub


  • I found a site with the recipe for a DIY Lip Scrub here and I felt compelled to do it myself. I'm not really one for making things myself, I tend to leave it to the people that know best, but as this was so simple and easy I felt that I had to try it. The original turorial link above is much more indepth of properties of ingredients and better photos, but I felt I needed to give it a go to show just how easy it was to make!
  • Picture
    all you need is

    2 tablespoons of pure coconut oil
    2 tablespoons of honey
    2 teaspoons of brown sugar
    a mixing bowl
    some small pots to put your finished scrub into.

    • Put the two tablespoons of pure coconut oil in your mixing bowl and add the two tablespoons of honey, mix them together until they form a paste. If the mixture is a little too gooey add a little bit more coconut oil into it.
      Make sure you get out all the lumps out of the coconut oil and that it is covered in the honey completely, this is the longest part of the whole process and does give your arm a work out too!
    • Picture

  • Picture
    once it has got to the right paste like consistency add the two teaspoons of brown sugar and mix well, if you have any oil from the coconut oil in the bottom of your jar you could add a teaspoon to your mixture to smooth it out more and too give added moisturisation to your scrub.

    Once all the brown sugar is mixed into the mixture and covered well, its time to put it into the pots that your have ready and waiting. you can use anything, I had some small jars around but you can use baby food jars or herb pots, whatever you have around.

    Once finished store in fridge and it should keep for 2 weeks.

    I have used it and it really is moisturising and makes your lips soft.It feels strange after you have used it as if you have been kissing someone for ages, lips feel slightly numb and tender, but not painful at all, after 20 mins the feeling goes and your left with soft lips that feel well moisturied.

    I make a pot for my friend Laura as well as myself. I will be making this more often as its a damn site cheaper than any other scrub i've seen!


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this - I may have to give it a try!

    pjmscloset.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete