Saturday 19 January 2013

Revlon Lip Butter Review



Revlon colorburst Lip Butter in Macaroon, rrp £7.99
As of this post this item is on sale at boots for £5

The cover of this product reminds me of 1930's cushions, but it nice, and as much as asthetics are generally important in this case its the product that I'm interested in.

its very lightly colored and the macaroon is very natural, it makes my lips a few shades lighter than natural and a bit more pink, it has quite a sheen on it, but it not over the top glossy. it does have some glitter in it, but its not too much.

when its on your lips its very slick, almost the same feel as when you put vaseline on your lips, It does help to nourish your lips and it is nice to add a splash of color without going too far from you natural shades.

Its major down point is that its really not long lasting. I wore it for over two hours when all I did was talk an shop, however the moment I ate or drank, it all came off. So.. if you don't intend on using your lips then it is a long wearing product but far from kiss proof!

It does hydrate your lips and compared to a normal lip salve it is much better if you want a made up look. During the height of winter or summer this will be a good product to help prevent lip problems but still stay stylish, however for me at the full price of £7.99 this product seems a little over priced for a vaseline style product with some color and glitter. Having said that I will be repurchasing and trying other colors, but will only buy if its on offer!

No comments:

Post a Comment