Tuesday 8 January 2013

Organising you life

Picture I am constantly re-arranging draws, shelves, changing things around to find better ways to organise things. What can you do to be organised?

First of all lists, I like lists but rarely do them, but from shopping to what housework need to be done to what tv/dvds you need to catch up on. A good list is the basic backbone of any organisation to be done.
When I do my big cleaning days I find them handy to ensure that I havent forgotten anything. I also love ticking things off, I do get a small thrill once its all done and you see a nice row of ticks to prove that you have accomplished your tasks.

Diary/Planner - whether this be your phone or a good old fashion book, Its the only way you can keep track of things. I tend to use my phone and a calendar. Birthdays are particulary difficult for me as bar a few, pretty much all my family and all my husbands family have birthdays jan - march and then I have a few friends in April, thankfully the rest are scattered throughout the year. But without a calendar or diary, I would have a clue of exact date. I have a great memory, and I can tell you the month and get the the date within 10 days, there are only a few people that I can remember exactly!

Don't be afraid to re-arrange, you may find that things work better than you think, I created a whole new draw space just by combining my make up, jewelry and nail stuff to one draw. If you can when it comes to clothes, don't let them build up, when you have a certain amount have a go through them. If like me, when you do, you will find at least 10 items that you no longer wear or are so out of style you could pass them to your grandparent! give them to charity if they are in good nick or turn them to rags for cleaning or for patching up other things if they are worse for wear!

Shelves/Boxes/Units - all can be a saviour to keeping you place tidy and organised, but with all items being pretty expensive it can be a case of building them up over time. have a look in charity shops, B&M bargains even sites such as freecycle to try and build up your furniture for cheap or for free.

try not to procrastinate, if something need to be done, get it done now not tomorrow or next week, it can help you in the long run.

2 comments:

  1. Great post for the start of 2013! Thanks for the suggestions :)

    Your newest follower,
    Jade @ www.muffinteahouse.com

    ReplyDelete