Thursday 10 January 2013

New Year : New Start

A new year is a chance to take stock of what you did last year, weather you had a good or a bad year. It is the time we all look back and make goals/resolutions to change what we did not like to try and improve the year to come.

Life tends to get in the way, and I in particular, will not lie and say that I achieve my wishes. For me they normally last until March. I have recently been thinking (philosophy is not my strong point, so bare with me) that a lot of the times, I have noticed that we tend to focus on the bad things of the previous year.

We tend to make goals such as I want to loose weight, I want to stop smoking, I Will find a man, these are all things that are generally negatives that we perceived over the last year. I feel that we sometimes focus on ourselves to much, not to say that self-improvement is wrong, I'm saying nothing of the sort, all I am saying is that we always try to change ourselves and yet most of the time we fail by the middle of the new year. (to anyone who makes goals and achieves them, then I must say that I truly admire your will power)

Maybe its time we start looking at the good things, for example, if you made a new friend your resolution could be to be the best friend you could want to that person, if your family has been good to you, you could think of ways to show your appreciation. Just look at the good things and think on what you would like to continue to do for the next year.

All I am thinking is that a lot of the time making small changes stick more than big changes, so if we maybe made one big goal and the rest were positive things that we wanted to continue to bring into our lives then maybe, just maybe we wouldn't fail.

No comments:

Post a Comment