Sunday 6 January 2013

Tips and Tricks for Make Up.

I'm still a big novice in ways of applying make up, I have only just started to be able to apply liquid liner in almost decent way, But I wanted to give some tips on how to help with your make up, especially if like myself you are still learning.

first buy some decent brushes, especially get a blending, foundation and precision brush, Out of them all they are the main 3 that make applying your make up easier. you can pick up some pretty decent brushes for about £7 each, but sometimes it is cheaper to buy in a pack. Also always clean your brushes, if you apply make up everyday, I'd say its best to do it once a week, or once every two weeks at the most. If like me you tend to use make up on days out or weekends then once a month will be sufficient. I can not stress how much better a clean brush it for applying you make up.

Always use a primer, you can easily pick up a cheap one such as the MUA for as little as £3, they are not as fantastic or rich as benefit, for example, but they definitely do the job and create a smoother surface to work with. They help to reduce or fill in pores, they create a great base for foundation and eyemake up, meaning it will stay on longer.

Try and use at least 3 colors when doing eye make up to create depth and color, It really does add dimension and regardless of the cheap product you use, it can make your make up look 10times better than just having a single color. Always blend the colors into each other (this is why a decent blending brush is so important), you can use your fingers but the result is never as smooth.

If you do your eyeliner and mascara before you do your make up, or even if you do it last, I always suggest to do a quick go over before you leave, making sure you mascara and eyeliner is strong is the best way to make you eyes pop.

Highlight. I never used to do/use it, I never saw the point in it, but now I say Highlight, highlight, highlight. invest in some benefit high beam (you can get tester pots online that last months) and once you have done your eyes and blush, run a think line on top of cheek bones, under eye brow and down side of nose and blend in with your finger. It really adds definition to finish any look, and give a lovely sheen when looked at from the right angle creating texture to you face so that if your going for a matte look, you don't look to plain!

These may seem silly, you may already know these tricks, I'm not an expert, but since I have started to get serious about make up these are the best little pieces of advice I can give to help finish a look.

Do you have any tricks or tips, would love to hear what has improved your make up routine?

No comments:

Post a Comment